In this episode, the Modern Marketing Podcast welcomes the ‘Modern Sales Guy,’ Sean Piket. Sean is founder and CEO of two successful businesses, Sales Integrity and MyCoachSite, and has over 24 years of experience in “selling the invisible” in the B2B world. He’s participated in the scaling of several companies as a doer and leader and has watched businesses scale from single-digit millions to multimillions.
How do you achieve growth like that? According to Sean, certainly not by ‘winging it.’ Join Adam and Sean as they explain why effectively scaling your business comes down to strategy and preparation plus tips you can apply to boost sales authentically and ethically in your business.
- Why you should think twice about hiring a large company sales rep
- Common hiring mistakes and avoiding high turnover rates
- Create structure for new hires with the perfect 90-day onboarding plan
- The 3 meaningful components of a sales operation
- The 4 cornerstones of lead generation success when generating your own leads
- How to use LinkedIn’s Sales Navigator to get referrals
- Having the servant leadership attitude
- The #1 sales killer and the simple solution
- Common factors of successfully scaled businesses
- Cultivating a strategic network
- Why you should get over your fear of asking for referrals
- How to create free training videos to educate new hires
- To cold call or not to cold call?
- The importance of context in sales
- Human to human connection and the power of the phone
- Why you should market to customer challenges over goals
- A prescription for selling success
- Social selling and how to approach social media strategically
- Why preparation will make your sales “pop”
- How to tailor your messaging that targets only your ideal audience