Live streaming is projected to be one of the top marketing tools available in 2017 so it’s only appropriate to interview Luria Petrucci. Her company, Live Streaming Pros, helps brands and businesses start, grow, and monetize their own live streaming shows.
This episode covers everything you need to know about live streaming including how you can get started as early as today to start seeing results in your business.
- What is live streaming?
- The 4 levels of live streaming and their costs
- 3 parts to an effective live streaming strategy
- Why you should do it and how to do it effectively
- Why Facebook Live is a powerful tool for local businesses
- The different live video platforms
- The #1 thing that will stop people from watching your videos
- Luria’s live stream challenge for Adam
How Luria got into live streaming
- Curiosity about Video iPod and how it worked from a technical standpoint
- Was able to turn it into a business
- After 10 years of building a community with video and live streaming, she started focusing on live streaming due to accessibility and ease-of-use.
Addressing common fears about live streaming.
“The thought of going out there and not having structure scares me a little bit.” – Adam
- Most people like to be well-prepared for video
- Most people fear starting it and having nobody show up (interacting with a blank audience)
Why they’re not important to worry about:
+ Benefits of live streaming
- Build the know, like, and trust factor with your audience.
- Works for both online businesses and local businesses
- When you do it right, you can increase your bottom line
- Think of it as a marketing tool and an engagement effort
“No other marketing can you build your current customer base and trust, create loyalty, and get people so involved and engaged with you.” – Luria
Luria uses a run of show spreadsheet to prepare for streams.
Zero viewers can happen at first but you can repurpose the content:
- Run ads to it
- Post it on your blog
- Post it as a podcast
Works well for local business
- Tap into the power of Facebook Live
- People love to be proud of the city they live in
“You’re delivering value and getting engagement at the same time and it’s a beautiful combination that really works.” – Luria
Luria’s 3-part live video strategy:
- Consistency: Builds trust – allows your viewers to put it on their calendar
- Randomness: Going live randomly brings in the human element
- Repurposing: Repurpose the content
What is live streaming?
At it’s basic level, the ability to go live and have a real-time video conversation with whoever wants to watch.
- YouTube Live (mobile capability coming soon)
Cost, how and where to get started live streaming:
4 levels of live streaming to help determine what to start with:
- Going live from your phone
- Add gear to your phone: wide angle lens, microphone, kits
- Going live from your desktop computer: webcam or external camera
- Going live from a dedicated machine: Professional TV quality stream
“People are using whatever level, you just have to make sure you have the right strategies behind it and that you’re offering tremendous value, being human, connecting, and have a call-to-action in your video.” – Luria
Calls to Action
“Live video provides a beautiful way to do a call to action without feeling like you’re selling or pitching anything because what it is at its core is a conversation.”
- Provide value and focus on giving and helping people succeed
- Use CTA as a natural opportunity to further help them
Luria challenges Adam
Will Adam launch his first live stream in January?
To be continued…