He’s a millennial entrepreneur, a 7-figure real estate investor, a wealth-building mentor, and hosts a top-ranked podcast. One has to ask…Is there anything Matt Aitchison AKA “Matty A” can’t do?
In this episode, Adam and Matty talk about the importance of authenticity in your marketing, how it helps build rapport and trust, and why it’s more crucial to the survival of your business, now more than ever.
- The 6 important pillars of Matt’s mastermind group
- How authenticity lead to Matt’s success
- The consequences of not being authentic in your brand and marketing
- MVVBP and why it should become your elevator pitch
- Why you should market in a way you like to be marketed to
Matt shares the 6 pillars his mastermind group focuses on:
- Financial freedom
- Genuine contribution
- Extreme accountability
- Age-defying health
- Authentic relationships
- Bucket list adventures
“In order to really build rapport and engage with your core client or avatar, transparency and authenticity is by far the most relatable thing to individuals that are looking for that.”-Matt
- Market in a way you like to be marketed to.
Attract the right people and put off the wrong people.
The Path and the Lessons:
- Started in real estate sales and investment
- Now podcasting and focusing on online education
- Encountered trouble as a teenager
- Read “The Gift of Imperfection” by Brene Brown.
- Helped him move through shame on a personal level
- Embraced authenticity and a genuine approach to life
“I started realizing all of the experiences, relationships, and opportunities that came into my life were mirroring my authenticity.”
- Wanted his brand to be organic and aligned with who he was.
- Built a company based his authentic self.
“It’s been affirmed to me through either clients or people that do business with our companies that that’s one of the things they loved. We’re approachable. Relatable. Whether it’s the good, bad, or ugly. We’re not afraid to talk about it.”
Why not be authentic?
- Customers respond better
- Clients respond better.
- It’s easier.
- Tricking an individual into resonating is an old mentality
- It’s easier than ever to build brand and awareness by putting yourself out there through any medium (blog, live stream, video, etc)
- People are naturally more engaged with “glassdoor” companies
“When the brand and message is alignment with who they are and who the company is and everything mirrors that, you don’t give people that weird feeling of distrust.”-Adam
- You have a small window to make a good first impression.
- If you miss that opportunity, you lose revenue.
Have clarity in:
- who you’re serving
- what your mission is
- the execution of your brand message
Have MVVBP dialed in:
The Success of The Millionaire Mindcast Podcast
- Started with wanting to add value
- Executed on the models and levels of other successful podcasters.
- Hired a consultant.
- Figured out how his mission and brand could add value to other audiences and communities.
- Capitalized on a polished product.
- Used the power of networking.
- Ranked #9 on top 26 podcasts to listen to in 2016
“When you go out there adding value, you will win every single time. It may take a week, month, a year or more but it’s gonna come back.” – Adam
- When you have the opportunity to give someone back more time through a product, service or consultation, it will strongly resonate with people.
- Looking for ways to add more value.
- Growing online real estate investing community.
- Teaching people how to invest in real estate to generate wealth that allows them freedom and flexibility to spend their focus and time in the area they’re most passionate about.
- Empower individuals on their journey of building wealth beyond what they would have ever imagined financially.
Connect with Matty:
Podcast: The Millionaire Mindcast
Mentioned in this Episode:
“The Gift of Imperfection” – Bren Brown