Corey Gladwell is a 2 time best-selling author, a speaker and coach, and founder of Author Alliance, a company that helps people write, publish, and launch a best selling book. His is a true rags-to-riches story…
One that tells the tale of a struggling child on welfare that became a supremely successful author and entrepreneur.
In this episode, he shares how he was able to package his experience and knowledge and create a thriving empire. In addition, he reveals the strategies you can apply in your business to reach more people and make a bigger impact on the world.
- How writing a best-seller can benefit your business
- The holistic approach to marketing
- How to deliver content without spending every day writing
- What to outsource when writing a book
- Promotion strategies to turn your book into a best-seller
- Why you should forget about structure and just write
In the beginning…
- Grew up poor which motivated him toward entrepreneurship.
- Owned a nightclub, restaurant, different brick-and-mortar businesses at age 23 but lost them and had nothing by age 25.
- Had spiritual experience that shifted perspective.
- Has spent the last 5 years writing books and coaching people in their business and personal lives.
Mistakes and lessons
- Was dissatisfied with the struggle and negativity experienced as a child
- “To me, it always equated to not having enough and that amount of scarcity caused a ripple effect for other problems.”-CG
- Made it his mission as a child to become successful and worked every day.
- At 23, businesses failed as a result of no mentor or guidance and lacked knowledge of how to systemize or hire.
The road to success
- Experienced state of enlightenment through meditation.
- Has meditated for 1500 hours
- Almost done with 3rd book
- Speaks at Masterminds
“I see business and spirituality kind of connected so it’s a lot easier for me to do marketing and branding and be a chief marketing officer because I see a lot of solutions of problems that people can’t get around.” – CG
“Were you always a gifted writer? What’s been the impact on your business?”
- Had never written before
- First book took 4 years to write
- Figured out a process of being able to deliver content without having to spend every day writing
- Created Author Alliance to teach other entrepreneurs how to be best-selling authors.
- Creates authority and credibility in your market and become the go-to person to talk to
“Becoming a best-selling author is something powerful to add to the resume” – AE
How do you write? How do you take the material and package it so it resonates with the audience?
- Write a book that you would want to read.
“The person they want to be is the person they’ve always needed.”-CG
- Records and then transcribes. Makes it easier to get the content out and then edit.
- Makes daily videos for YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Once a week, reviews different books he’s writing
- Takes pieces of content collected and pieces them together
“Create as much content as you can and you’ll find that you create a book out of that.” – CG
- Hire an editor and find someone to organize it for you (outsource)
- Repurpose into other pieces of content
- Launch it
How do you turn it into a best-seller?
- Free resources: Use family, friends, Facebook groups, Google Hangouts, forums. Make sure you reach out first to help them and use reciprocity.
- Make sure you have a good product that offers value
“I think the biggest hurdle here is a lot of people don’t consider themselves good writers.” – AE
- Before you start investing in branding your business, ask your friends and family for the first 3 words that come to mind when they think of you.
- Who you think you are may be different from how the world receives you as first.
- Build brand around that.